Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Sad Au Revoir To Paris.

I am back from Paris. Exhausted but with an array of fantastic memories.

I have been thrown straight into a temp job this week, so have gone directly from fun in foreign lands to spreadsheets in Social Services. Luckily the coffee is of a very similar standard so I'm managing to cope.

The weekend was truly incredible. It deserves a long, photo-riddled post and will certainly get one as soon as I have time.

For now, though, I must continue to root through my wardrobe in vain hopes of finding anything suitable for an office. The outfit I wore today was pretty much the extent of it so I suspect tomorrow I will either have to go ultra casual (jeans), utltra smart (evening gown) or ultra slutty (anything else I own). It is an etiquette brainteaser indeed.

13 Comments:

Blogger Huw said...

Pants and vest always seemed to be suitable for PE when I had nothing else to wear. I doubt social services is that different.

1:05 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If in doubt, go slutty.

It is advice that has served me well over the years.

8:12 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slutty invites sexual harassment; casual invites the sack. Go with ultra-formal, at least it will confuse people. Maybe you'll even find yourself being handed roses and asked to dance by perplexed co-workers.

11:01 am

 
Blogger Kelly said...

You could really liven up Social Services with the ballgown.

Much better than jeans!

11:40 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to be wilfully ignoring hidden option D, which is to wear the same (vaguely office-worthy) outfit all week long, accessorised with increasingly unkempt hair and a smug, secretive expression.

Works every time. Take my word for it: I've now been in a job for Over Six Months. Impressive? I think so.

5:09 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swimwear?

9:19 pm

 
Blogger Clarissa said...

vNecked!

9:41 pm

 
Blogger Will said...

Go fancy dress.

8:20 am

 
Blogger Curly said...

Yes! - Will has got it spot on, that'd be amazing!

I vote for the Tin-man from The Wizard of Oz. I'd figured out that it would tie-in with the social services thing... but I've now forgotten how. Something about a heart?

11:07 am

 
Blogger TotallyUn-Pc said...

What about the rear end of a pantomime cow? I would have suggested the front end, but then I tried typing in hooves!

11:10 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The title of your blog is one of my favourite titles I've ever read! I feel a link coming on...

Didn't you just love Paris?

I'm pretty sure Paris ate my soul.

Rosanna (www.practically-perfect.net) because blogger doesn't let me link and annoymous bloggers pretty much annoy me.

1:12 am

 
Blogger Drama Queen said...

Nightwear complete with bunny slippers! Tell them you slept in but didn't want to be late. Would show your dedication to the cause. . .

Maybe freak your colleagues out but no more than the fake French accent I suggest you do.

9:05 am

 
Blogger Miss Devylish said...

You are so cute.. that sounds like my closet. You should wear that cool hat you have in some pics. That will totally distract them from anything else you're wearing! :) Can't wait to hear about the trip.

9:23 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home