Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Short On Money But Long On Time

I have been mysteriously silent for a few days now. Now, you might think that I have being elusive and enigmatic, deliberately staying away from the all-seeing glare of Blogger in order to preserve some thrilling secret I was waiting to share at just the right moment. How I wish that were the case. The truth is, though, that the other day I sat down at my computer, opened Blogger and went to type in my password only to find that suddenly I couldn't remember it. There I sat, fingers hovering over the keyboard, face screwed up in confusion and considerable consternation. I cannot believe, I thought to myself, that I drank away that one brain cell that apparently held my blogger password. I knew that last sambuca shot was a bad idea.

That was about four days ago.

Today, in a flash, I remembered it. Annoyingly my impulse was not to throw my arms above my head and shout "Eureka!", but instead to look at the wall abstractedly and murmur "oh, yeah" before taking a sip of tea.

So here I am, back again. I have a feeling I should probably write my password down somewhere, but I know I won't, and even if I did I would promptly forget where I had written it, so the whole exercise would be utterly pointless.

There has been a lot going on recently. I am still calm and relaxed as I was in my last post, although it did take me a while to recover from the fact that a man I had danced with in Bar Soho had found and commented on my blog. That is what happens if you write under your own name, I suppose, and actually I didn't mind at all. Secretly I quite liked it.

The sun is shining a lot. The five day London forecast promises lots more sun. There are daffoldils in places, and little white bits all over the trees. I took my parents' dog (Paddie) for a walk around the other day and we both sang the whole way. Well, it was mainly me, Paddie just joined in for the rousing choruses and dancy bits.

I have been in and out of the studio, meeting musicians, writing songs. There has been talk of a production of The Rocky Horror Show, with which I shall definitely get involved. I am going to Paris soon, with my friends (Chris, George, Dan and Sam) and both my sisters (Alex and Impish Sophie), and sorting out going to Portugal surfing in June/July with other friends.

Also I have started piano lessons! I cannot play the piano, although I can pick out tunes and some chords (sometimes), but I plan to become excellent, possibly of maestro standard, before too long. I am already coming on in leaps and bounds, as my mastery of the C major scale suggests. The man, my teacher, is very nice, and after the first lesson I am already playing Bingo Was His Name with both hands. Quite impressive, I think you'll agree.

I am off now to have coffee with a musician chap. It is still sunny, and I can hear a bird doing something feathery outside the window. Things seem to be looking up.

10 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

Bingo was his name oh.

Isn't it Bingo was his name oh.

There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name oh.

It doesn't really make sense does it. But that's how I have always sung it.

Another childhood illusion shattered, along with I will never be a pop star, and there are people out there much cleverer than me.

4:30 pm

 
Blogger Cheerful One said...

Hurrah!!

7:40 pm

 
Blogger Léonie said...

Betty - Yes, it is! The title of the song is just Bingo, but I thought that if I wrote that then nobody would know which one I meant. I think it really should be Bingo (Was His Name) (Oh!).

Also: You will totally be a popstar, and nobody is cleverer than you.

Cheerful One - My sentiments exactly! Hurrah!

10:19 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful, i feel less hungover and worried about repercussions (that is definately not how you spell that word) of drunken brain spilling and more sunny and spring-like after reading this post.

Love you long time, do a dance for paddie and sparkle from me xxx

7:20 am

 
Blogger Curly said...

That sounds like a wonderful walk, Paddie sounds like a likeable chap.

Enjoy Paris, whenever it is that you're going. Take some pics, huh?

12:28 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know your password, you silly billy. Next time, ask me.

8:57 pm

 
Blogger TotallyUn-Pc said...

do you write your own songs? what do you write them on if you don't play instruments?

1:11 pm

 
Blogger TotallyUn-Pc said...

cancel that last question.... duh! wasn't even thinking... I assume your guitarist having heard your songs... still love the writing in pencil one.... love it!

1:13 pm

 
Blogger TotallyUn-Pc said...

obviously I meant as well as a cellist!

1:14 pm

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Blogger let me in at work. Or work let me into Blogger. Whatever!

But it means that I can leave you a comment that says thank you so much for your letter. It made me so happy.

9:56 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home