Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A Sulking Post!

Today is a day for eating cheese and sulking.

Yesterday was a day for not getting a job and a landlord retracting his acceptance of the offer on our new flat.

The Temping Lady sent me to an interview without really telling me it was an interview, and it turned out badly. Nearly as badly as the time I auditioned for a pop group without realising it was an audition and nearly had to take off my clothes and pose in tacky lingerie for slathering bling-encrusted "producers" with expensive cameras and cheap expectations. Not quite as bad as that, but still not great.

I am cross today.

No harm done, I can tell myself in motherly tones. I didn't want a job I don't have the skills for, and I certainly did not want shots of me looking alarmed and semi-naked plastered all over the Internet.

(To avoid confusion: I was not asked to strip in the interview yesterday. I am referring to a whole different event, which took place years ago. It is just that I am a bit cross and so my capacity for making rational links is severely diminished.)

Elephants!

(See?)

Outside the world drizzles. Inside I sulk. I have a cold coming on and I feel fat. The dog just looked at me funny. It is, in short, all going very wrong.

However! I am singing on Friday at a cabaret night at The Good Ship in Kilburn. It is a fundraiser for a theatre company and promises to be a super-ace night, packed with jollity and tequila-slamming nuns. We are on at about ten-thirty, so if you're around do come along. If you can't make Friday then maybe you can make Sunday at Madame JoJo's instead? More cabaret, more fun!

No, it isn't working. I am resolutely not being cheered up. I have writing to do for a Secret Special Project I am working on in my lair, but all I want to do is sulk and be a bit dramatic, perhaps with a small slice of cheese.

Sulk.

9 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Are you supposed to take your clothes off for auditions then?

*makes mental note about starting a band*

7:16 pm

 
Blogger Clarissa said...

Skateboards!

9:32 pm

 
Blogger Léonie said...

Greavsié - You have been about to start a band for ages. First it was the pull of the potential lycra wearing (on your part, might I add) and now this. Less talk, man, more action!

Clarissa - Indeed we seem to understand each other. (Helipads!)

12:27 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a rule - work agencies hardly ever prepare you for job interviews. I think the main reason I got my Channel 4 job is because everyone else was told they were applying for Alliance and Leicester.

Still, worked out for me...

3:24 am

 
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

I would be rushing to both your gigs if I was not so busy living in Australia.

Just found your blog a minute or two ago. Loving it so far.

11:46 am

 
Blogger Kelly said...

I really, really want to see you sing one day but not this weekend because there is wine to be drunk and wedding fairs to attend in Sussex.

Hope the sulks are over and you are back to your fabulous self.

5:13 pm

 
Blogger boohoo said...

embrace the sulk - everyone needs a day like that I think; makes all the others seem so much better, don't you think? ;)

4:44 pm

 
Blogger Curly said...

So that cheese must be getting a bit repulsive by now...

2:48 pm

 
Blogger Miss Devylish said...

I too would be rushing to see you live and all cabaret-participating if I wasn't all the way in the best of all messed up lands America.. because nothing can be right when we're not allowed to hear you sing little lovely. Also, post office!

12:07 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home