Thursday, September 22, 2005

Clutching my golden ticket and leaping for joy.

HOLY CRAP!

You know that thing when you enter a competition on a blog you read a lot because it's funny and cool and witty and all about beauty things, advice you read and nod your head at but are too lazy to follow but you like reading it anyway? And you know when you WIN that competition? And you know when the prize is a goody bag of samples of things like lip gloss and stuff that you love?

Yeah?

Well... (can you guess what's coming?)

That happened to me. Today.

(bows)

(bows again, acknowledging the rapturous and unrelenting applause)

In other news: there is no other news. That is the most exciting thing that's happened to me since Wild Whitton Wednesday. (It was actually a Sunday but that didn't begin with W so I changed it.)

I have to go and calm down somewhere, and remind myself that, although mine is an incredible achievement, some people have done things that are at least comparable. Like curing disease, reducing world poverty, or inventing Zach Braff.

Whatever, I'm still proud of myself. I literally can't stop bowing.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Congratulations! I am doing the happy dance around my little room in celebration of you and your amazing news. I am glad someone out there is having a great day!

12:32 pm

 
Blogger Leah said...

I actually read Real Girl first, and was so excited for you I had to come straight here to congratulate! YAY!

1:54 pm

 
Blogger Real Girl said...

How cute are you?! How cute!?

2:36 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... I haven't been to Real Girl's yet, but I'm ever so proud of you!!! And jealous too as I am very afraid of rejection and had not the courage to enter ;)

6:37 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I love *both* sites and am so glad you won! Clever girl!

7:01 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's because I'm a guy and constantly yet subconciously have Certain Things on my mind...

But I thought the last sentence of this entry read "I literally can't stop blowing."

Congrats all the same!

9:01 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know how I got here, but Hello! :)

1:27 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anybody ever rhymed haiku with shampoo before?

Well done though!

4:17 pm

 
Blogger Adrian said...

I think Zach Braff has already been invented. Which is a pity because he's hard to compete against and I've yet to meet a girl not taken buy him.

5:11 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home