Friday, April 21, 2006

It's not Good Friday, but it is a good Friday.

By happy chance I forgot to do the Friday's Feast last week, so the fact that last week's questions are still up is of no consequence to me. I am doing the questions from last week! See:

Appetizer
What movie soundtracks do you own?

I wish I had a better answer to this question than "none because I habitually lose all my CDs".

I used to have the Almost Famous one, also Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction. I would really like the True Romance soundtrack, as the music in that is wonderful.

Soup
How much cash do you usually carry with you?

This would imply I have some sort of system to my money. I do not. I wish I did. I just try not to spend anything ever and fail.

Salad
Are you more comfortable around men or women? Why?

I don't know, I am comfortable around both, as long as they're nice and I get on with them. I have male and female friends and I wouldn't actually say I'm more or less comfortable in the company of one or the other. I don't turn into the world's biggest flirt around men, nor am I any more competitive with women. I'm glad about this.

Main Course
What is the most mischievous thing you remember doing as a child?

Perhaps sticking my hand in a loaf of bread and pulling out a massive chunk to feed to the birds that nested outside my window. Then denying it. Absolutely, point-blank, it-was-not-me-I-have-no-idea-what-you're-talking-about denying it. I think that action demonstrates a compassion and love for animals and also a propensity towards deceit and dishonesty, both of which I am exceedingly proud of.

Dessert
Who is the funniest member of your family?

My Grandad was very funny. My Dad's Dad. There is this sense of humour that has been passed down through the generations as a result. I pity my children, I really do.

I am feeling much better. Actually loads better. I prefer to interpret this as resilience rather than shallowness. I feel alright about it all, now I've had a good night's sleep and had some chocolate buttons. I am VERY looking forward to my birthday weekend, which started last night with a meal with my Mum, Dad, sister Alex and her lovely boyfriend Andy, and my friend Chris and me.

It's supposed to be sunny in London over the weekend, which pleases me greatly.

I am listening to Paul Simon 'Graceland', which makes me happy.

My housemate Bec had a phonecall yesterday from her Man In Australia, which is great and made her so happy. This is a Good, Good Thing.

I have discovered that I can record sounds on my phone so I have been writing songs at my desk.

Happy Friday to you. Also Happy Léonie's Birthday Weekend to you and all your friends, relations and the people you see on public transport and wonder what they look like naked.

6 Comments:

Blogger Léonie said...

I am not THE Queen, but I am a princess. Of sorts.

I'm going to the marathon I think, so if I see you I'll wave...

You will now have to imagine EVERYONE naked, particularly the fat, sweaty men. Enjoy...

2:37 pm

 
Blogger Kelly said...

I totally forgot I have Pulp Fiction.

I hope you have a supercalifragilisticexpealidocious birthday weekend.

Just realised that you emailed and invited and I was rude and did not reply because I am self absorbed and also on holiday! I am sorry that I cannot come but have a glass or two of vino for me ;o)

2:58 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Léonie's Birthday Weekend to you too. Although in your case is the Léonie not reduddant and would Happy Birthday Weekend surrfice?

Or do I have to sing "Happy Birthday" to you (or is that sing "Happy Birthday to you" to you), which I guarantee will be less pleasant than naked fat sweaty men.

Um ...

Happy Birthday to you. Have a good one. Have a pink cocktail from me.

4:07 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

happy bday, and have a great weekend princess

PS: The word verification's getting tougher by the day

11:42 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

1:15 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday! (is it today? or past?) close enough..

hope you will have/are having/did have a great time!

3:41 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home