Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Watch, As A Human Brain Digests Itself!

I can't write anything. I'm too frustrated.

I have eight more days of work until I am free.

My brain is seeping out of my ears out of frustration. It tastes really bad but I can't stop licking it off my cheeks. For other things I can't stop doing please see: writing things that are really, really disgusting.

Later on I am going to go and meet a jazz pianist who is looking for a singer to do corporate gigs with. I am meeting him at a gig at which I will sing some songs. Auditioning in front of a live audience! Excellent. It will be very good for the 'not starving' element of my leaving work plan if I can do lots of paid corporate gigs. Also, as much as I want to sing my own stuff, I do so love singing jazz standards.

It's Tuesday. Of my penultimate week of work.

I'm going fucking crazy.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that every time I have changed a job, the weeks WAITING to change my job have been the worst work weeks of my life.

because! you are almost free! you are almost there! and you can taste it! and yet! you are not really tasting it, you are actually tasting the glass window that is between you and freedom and you have pressed your face against the glass in eagerness.

and my job changes have never been as momentous as you are waiting for right now. it's been like "Move from crappy call centre job to crappy desk job" and "move from crappy desk job a to crappy desk job b".

so. I feel a small smidgen of your pain, and emphasize.

also - I read that LOVELY description of the brains and the licking and the GUH just as I took a bite of my sandwich and nearly couldn't swallow it.

thanks a lot!

6:45 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the super-hot replacement?

Seriously though, I realise it will be hard for you to write about her, so I will settle for a couple of photos. This is why they invented Flickr.

8:49 pm

 
Blogger Jonathan said...

Good luck with the gig/audition this evening.

11:31 pm

 
Blogger Léonie said...

Random Person - Thank you! You are exactly on the money, that's exactly how I feel.
And I'm sorry for nearly putting you off your lunch.

Mr Angry - SHE ISN'T HERE YET STOP HASSLING ME. God.

Jonathan - Thank you.
(You see, Mr A? A NICE, SUPPORTIVE comment. You could learn a lot from Jonathan.)

10:14 am

 
Blogger Kelly said...

I notice that you have changed your 'about me' part of your profile - so very exciting! I remember the good old days when it said that no one had invited you to be part of their hip hop band (or something like that - seems I actually don't remember much apart from the fact that it is now different!)Good luck with the audition thingy :o)

2:15 pm

 
Blogger Léonie said...

DF - I know, it's exciting. After next Friday I'm going to change it to full time singer. I probably still won't believe it, though...

4:42 pm

 
Blogger Katy Newton said...

I am in the same position as you, except that my brain has stayed put. For which I am grateful.

Particularly as I have the flu, and have been sneezing. A lot.

12:32 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is also my penultimate week of work. However, I'm not giving up to be a glamorous singer. I'm just giving it up 'cos I'm fed up with my drive in to and out of London everyday.

I hate the notice period! "I'm a Project Manager get me out of here"

10:24 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home