Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Love is: A Fancy Coffee Machine

Last night I went to see another producer. This time in London. He's a friend of the Impish Sister and a really nice guy, His flat was one of the nicest I've seen for ages. He was also in possession of a really fancy coffee machine and a lovely, lovely fiancée. Actually that was the only slight down side, they were so in love and happy it made me feel firstly a bit sick, and then predominantly bitter. I walked out of there with the firm conviction that all my relationships have been absolutely wank and nobody will ever love me like they love each other. Because I have too many issues, am a bad person and cannot sew for shit. Then I thought that perhaps I was just a bit sad at not having constant access to a really fancy coffee machine and a bathroom with really fancy products in it. So I went to Sainsbury's and got myself a ham sandwich, which cheered me immensely.

On the music front, though, it was ace. I took with me some of the stuff I have been writing and we had a good chat about where it could all go, then started work. About an hour later we had about fifteen seconds of something that is more of a guide than anything else, but nevertheless is a starting point. He is going to send the mp3 of it through to me today so I can start thinking about where I want it to go from there. I will work on it for a week, put some more vocals on it, decide a direction for the verse and take it back to him. It was also nice to be able to spend an hour at the studio (in a beautiful flat overlooking the whole of London) and then come home and work on it some more on my own.

In other good news, my iPod has started working again.

In bad news, I have lost my camera, so I will no longer be able to take photos of myself in pub toilets and put them on the Internet.

Also next week is Valentine's Day. I am hoping somebody buys me that flower from the Eden Project that smells like a rotting corpse. It would just seem so appropriate somehow.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beauty of love is that it's in the eye of the beholder and not necessarily down to any percieved qualification criteria.

I'd keep quiet about the sewing though....although you could play up the ham sandwich bit as some men like a cheap date.

12:35 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I just messed that all up with a sloppy i before e except after c schoolboy error...

12:36 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Stop sewing and listen to me!"


I shall give you no advice about Love, as I am a walking disaster when it comes to such things

3:56 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot drink coffee for two reasons. 1) It gives me indigestion 2) I don't like it. But I still have some weird obsession with coffee machines. I think it is because they are shiny and no kitchen looks cool and fancy without one.

I am often to be seen staring at them in shop windows for no reason at all.

Dancinfairy xxx

8:44 am

 
Blogger lady miss marquise said...

What's your address? I will send you the rotting corpse pplant, although to be frank... I have smelled a rotting corpse and it is not pretty.
So I may just send you something else.

Like a ham sandwich.

8:58 pm

 
Blogger Clarissa said...

I love coffee. But I haven't got a fancy machine. Nor a fancy container to keep my ground coffee, which lives in a re-cycled ice cream container from Carluccio's.

3:53 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...they will never last as he is bound to find a newer, younger more fancy model that can put sprinkles on the top.

10:28 am

 
Blogger Miss Devylish said...

On Valentine's Day I plan to eat some chocolate I buy for myself, possibly flowers to boot and a fancy mocha. And then probably a datey movie w/ a girlfriend and call it a day. Love schmove. Coffee treats me better lately. :)

6:50 pm

 
Blogger Astrid said...

I hope your career is finally taking off then. I remember your voice on the London roads oh-so-well. And I am convinced that one day you'll bump into a fancy coffee machine too and manage to receive the best coffee in the world that exists! Maybe you should visit the coffee shops more often? Just a little suggestion.

9:47 pm

 
Blogger TotallyUn-Pc said...

Hello funny... - just found your blog by total accident. - but, I followed the link to your Myspace page, and have fallen in love with "Writing in Pencil". Amazing!

I don't know if well done actually means anything to people in the music buisness, but I probably mean to say thank you, for writing such an amazing piece.

Thats it, Gush over.... Back to coffee machines - hate em, I'm an instant man, but I think thats an occupational hazard for me... and smelly flowers? are you mad!?

10:30 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home