Monday, October 10, 2005

Not so much with the things to say.

Do you ever wake up in the morning and find that something was inexplicably and mysteriously painful? Like your foot?

I do. And did. This very morning, in fact. I think it might be broken. I mean, I can still walk on it, it's not swollen, and it only hurts a bit, but still. I pay my taxes, and I want an ambulance. What if it falls off? And I wouldn't know because I'm wearing boots, and the boots would keep the foot in, until I took them off when I got home and SHAZAM!* out tumbles a foot.

*I'm not entirely convinced that SHAZAM! is the right word for when your foot falls off. But I'm not sure what that would be. BEDUNK! perhaps? MAKUMP! is another possibility. Have a think.

Anyway.

I had a bit of a mental weekend. I'm not going to go into it because it's not my shit to go into, but suffice to say I've Given Up On Love now, for good. I've seen too much. No interest. Although if you send me some sellotape to fix my foot with I might reconsider this and marry you. Staples would be even better.

I had a meeting about my gig. We are doing jazz funk covers of songs. Including Black Hole Sun by Sound Garden and In Bloom by Nirvana.

Holy crap I do set myself challenges.

Nothing else to impart, except I would like to tell you that I had an amazing cookie yesterday from Ben's Cookies on High Street Kensington and it was chocolate melty drippy squidge-y but in a nice cookie way lovely. Then I felt a bit sick but it was generally agreed to have been worth it.

That's all.

Apart from that it seems to be very warm in London today. With sun and everything. We'll pay for that later, you mark my words.

11 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

Sounds like a sprain. Or a twist. Unless it get unbearable try not to take pain killers as all that will do is mean you don't feel the pain, think your foots ok, and then go and injure it more.

Your best bet is to lie on the sofa, watch tv, and have someone bring you chicken noodle soup and sympathy.

5:12 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my... I hope things start to look up for you... I broke my foot once. It was all puffy and purply-black and I couldn't even fit it in a boot for it to fall out of! I agree with Adrian that it may be a bad sprain, but I? Am not a doctor. I say get thee to a hospital!

6:39 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drew you a picture!

Enter the URL below to see!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/number1hypocrite/leoniepic.jpg

8:24 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit. That didn't work.

Check your e-mail.

It'll be in there instead.

8:25 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now my foot hurts. I'm far too easily suggestible. I hope your foot feels better!

11:02 pm

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Poor foot. I do hope it's still attached. Although it could add a new dimension to your act, "Come and see the Great Leonie sing, with an amazing new boot on one leg and no foot on the other"!!!

No? Oh well. I really do hope it feels better today!

Ohh I like the sound of your choice of songs for your next gig too.

10:58 am

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Also if thje foot did fall off I think it would have gone KERTHUNK!

11:00 am

 
Blogger Anon said...

I'd say it would be more of a comical ZOINK, followed by a contented 3 second stare into the camera…

... Don’t ask where the camera came from, but admit, it sounds kind of good.

11:45 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The foot would slide out of the boot with a FWIT, then land on the floor with a THUNK-(bump).

I've been thinking about this.

3:20 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Léonie head! I love you I love you I love yooooooou!!!!! Thats about all for today. Oh apart from two things, 1. I really want some new boots but I'm much poorer than bridget jones so this is the season for wanting new boots but not getting new boots and 2. I just found your post on the letter 'g', have also a massive issue with this letter- and always seem baffled that people don't understand my link from higgins to pig. Oh and dog egg is a G overload and is horrible horrible. I also hate words that end in f, like oeuf, ahh, feel a bit sick just writing it!

anyway, love you millions- can you send me new boots please and thank you.

2:11 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very good

5:56 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home