Thursday, September 29, 2005

Jazz-in-Boots (not the pharmacy)

IMPORTANT BOOT-BASED UPDATING INFORMATION:
Tonight I shall be strolling forth from work, at six o'clock, with the cool, relaxed demeanor of a speeding bullet from a gun. Why? I shall tell you.
I spoke to the nice lady in the Office shop on Carnaby Street. Somehow she managed to interpret my excited, high-pitched, I'm-not-sure-but-I-think-it-might-be-Christmas squeals and subsequently tell me that she has found the boots, in a size five, and she is holding them for me herself until I burst through the doors at full speed this evening, elbowing old ladies and limbless orphans out of the way, and hand over my £65. She also assured me that, yes, they WERE made by fairies, and conceded that there was also a faint possibility that they were made from fairies as well.
Then she hung up. I may or may not have done a small dance of joy.

IN OTHER, LESS BOOT-RELATED, NEWS:
I have a gig on Thursday. It's another jazz showcase. The other one was very cool so come to this one and listen to those high-pitched squeals in person.
Here is the link. You are all invited!

ALSO (NOT TO DO WITH FOOTWEAR):
I have a gig in November, which is much more exciting, in terms of location and audience. AND I spoke to the lady I know at a certain Very Big Record Label With Three Letters For A Name, and she wants to come down and watch it. And watch me. Which is great. Really, really good news.
Why, though, am I so scared? Why is it that whenever something potentially life-changing happens, all I really want to do is sit in a corner and read a book?
I am a contradiction.

Ay, me. The only consistency I have in my life at the moment comes from a pair of boots I don't own yet. Can't help feeling that there might be something fundamentally, you know, wrong about that.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Mmmm new boots. *Sighs* They are very pretty.

Great to see some exciting gig style news here - I am so pleased for you.

One of these days I will make it up to the big smoke to see you sing (November perhaps?) but for now Good Luck!!!

4:01 pm

 
Blogger Leah said...

Congratulations on the boots!

(Also, on the potential career-changing stuff, but you know, boots!)

4:21 pm

 
Blogger chindi said...

I will cheer from afar. You should be able to hear me, maybe, OK not at all. But you can pretend.

5:01 pm

 
Blogger Anon said...

BMG?

When you make it big, and become rich, can I be a member of your entourage? I'll just stand about looking big and mean to warn off adoring fans.

Have a think about it…

5:41 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could get excited about something as much as you get excited 'bout shoes.

Or boots.

8:35 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RCA?

Far too many 3 letter labels to choose from to sate my curiosity!

Also, still love the boots and still doing my best to restrain myself from flying to the mall after work...

10:46 pm

 
Blogger Bug said...

EMI?

Boots are grand. £65 is about $160, right? That's not too bad for gorgeous suede boots! Emanating jealousy like NO-ONE's business just now :)

Good luck with the gigs (or is it break a leg? No idea), I'm sure you'll do smashingly and make OODLES of musically minded boys fall INSANELY in love with you

And obviously, that'll be cool

4:37 am

 
Blogger Léonie said...

Bug wins the invisible-but-just-as-real prize! It is EMI.

C - yes you may be in my entourage. You may be forced to laugh at my jokes, though. You may want to reconsider your offer, based on this.

And.. I got the boots. Was up all night whispering sweet nothings to them. I'm not ashamed.

11:41 am

 
Blogger RC said...

My mom wish she could wear boots, but her feet are to big, like Bigfoots. My mom says the last time she wore boots was when she was a teenager, but I thought she didn't wear anything since my dad found her in the woods, so I don't know what she's talking bout.

Anyways, I hope you have a nice weekend, and enjoy your boots!

1:59 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home