Monday, November 06, 2006

I Am The Following:

-In Eastbourne.

-The proud owner of two post-break up songs, one of which is, rather inexplicably, about sandwiches and therefore might not be used on the album. Also because it is only ten words long.

-Absolutely fine.

-Overwhelmed by all the people I met on Saturday. I did my usual amount of talkingtoomuchbecauseI'mnervousandifIjustkeepgoingImight-
eventuallysaysomethingcleverorpertinenteventhoughhistoryhastaughtmethat-Iprobablywon't, and met some amazing people.

When I see a large group of people I always find myself wondering how that group know each other. They're family, maybe, or perhaps they're having a University reunion. A Lloyd-Webber appreciation society, perhaps (you can tell because of the higher-than-average number of hearing aids and gormless expressions).

On Saturday I wondered whether anyone else in the pub had at any point wondered to themselves how we were all connected. If they had overheard conversations they might have guessed by the fact that everyone had two names ("Léonie. From Sometimes Funny Is All I Have") (How I wished I had named my blog something different. "Never Funny, Honest, You Won't Have Read It" somehow felt much more appropriate) or maybe if they had caught my only-two-glasses-of-wine confession to someone that I had read her whole blog from top to bottom like a massive loser, they might have figured out that we weren't just people who at one time or other had worked in the same branch of Dixons.

I had brilliant time. I was very relieved to leave before I got even more drunk than I was, because I was teetering dangerously close to the edge of telling all my secrets, and in fact did tell one to one person, who I will be paying a fiver a year to as long as she keeps it all to herself.

I really am fine, as well. Thank you for shoe/compliment/hug-related comments, I appreciate it.

For the next few days I will be in the studio recording more songs. Not, I suspect the one about sandwiches, although there is something distinctly catchy about it.

(Wanders off singing, idly.)

("O, love you are fickle,
Like ham, cheese and pickle...")

12 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I am glad that you are ok and putting the post break up angst to good use.

By the way, your shoes look fabulous with that outfit.

Happy recording :o)

4:01 pm

 
Blogger beth said...

oh - I just popped by to say how nice it was to meet you on Saturday, and how lovely you were and how gorgeous your dress was etc but now it doesn't seem quite right... although all of those things are no less true...

6:06 pm

 
Blogger Tim said...

I just wanted to say a bright cheery hello, and say how lovely it was meeting you. You're terrifically nice, etc.

Keep your pecker up.

6:13 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're OK. I'd pay good money to hear the ham, cheese and pickle song!

6:50 pm

 
Blogger Cheerful One said...

I am very much in favour of the sandwich song and should like to also mention that the dress was Very Good.

7:16 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was there, but I didn't get to talk to you. In fact, I don't recall seeing your green dress at all. Which is a shame, because it sounds like it was very good.

7:28 pm

 
Blogger nuttycow said...

I want the next two lines. Else I'll be forced to make something up about ciabatta or something and it will just all go wrong. You wouldn't want that on your conscience would you?!

9:13 pm

 
Blogger lady miss marquise said...

I am green with envy that I didn't get the chance to meet you.

And that I wasn't there.

But I think you do have fabulous shoes.

...and I'm sorry to hear about break up...;o(
So I think you should come to the West Coast soon ;o)

11:23 pm

 
Blogger Anxious said...

The green dress was fabulous, as were you. Enjoyed meeting you.

You looked a bit startled when you first came in, but I think we all did, to a certain extent ;)

4:57 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i need to put my post break up angst to good use.

cuz feeling this way just sucks.

6:38 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I've said already - twas a pleasure to meet you.

11:17 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh love you are fickle
Like ham cheese and pickle
you think you've got custard
but find out its mustard

6:57 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home