Saturday, January 27, 2007

Just Hanging Out Online

My best friend Jenny is coming to pick me up in about half an hour. We are going to go to a quite pub and drink soft drinks because we are both poor and my liver has threatened to leave me if I continue this regime of systematic abuse.

I had a few hours to kill, so I did the following:

1. Watched some Charmed.

2. Had a bath.

3. Dicked about on the Internet.

4. Ate some cheese.

1. The Charmed was a good one. Phoebe has to tell her boyfriend that she's a witch. He freaks out. She then is infused with the soul of a French spy who was evil and so Phoebe herself turns evil. As Evil Phoebe she tries to kill the boyfriend, but luckily is turned back into Good Phoebe before she succeeds. Then I assume they had sex but they didn't show that bit.

2. I ran my bath much too hot. I couldn't really bothered to mess around dealing with complicated things like temperature so I just got in anyway. I then tried to ignore the fact that I was slowly and voluntarily boiling to death for a bit, but was inevitably forced to run the cold water because I had begun to look like a giant red person. Well, not giant, just kind of normal-sized, but a giant red person sounds scarier than just a normal person who is red because they ran the bath too hot.

As I was getting out of the bath my mobile rang, so I answered. It was Euan! To ask whether I could come out. (I could not) He asked what I was doing and I told him I had just stepped out of the bath. There was a pause, then he warily asked: "Does that mean you're naked?" "Yep", I said. "But you should put clothes on before answering your phone!" he said, primly. "It's rude!" Then he told me that he had a camera and could see and in fact everyone in the pub could see and they were laughing. "Do I look thin?" I quickly checked. Another pause. "No." Bastard.

3. A while and some clothing later, I decided to do a spot of dicking around on the Internet.

One of my favourite pastimes when I am not cooking myself in boiling water is looking on YouTube for music, gigs and music videos.

I watched two goodies today. Firstly Amy Winehouse completely outshining Paul Weller on Jools Holland this New Year's Eve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqGCQDhAcTI

(My linky think is gone, so cut and paste. It's worth it. Turn it up.)

Also the video for Mika - Grace Kelly.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uzA0nG_PurQ

He is amazingly sexy. Probably gay, I reckon, but still. I definitely would.


4. The cheese was nice.

I hope you are having a tip top weekend.

UPDATE: My friend Mark just emailed me a joke, which I shall now share with you.

Q. What do you call a nun sitting on a clown's face?
A. Virgin on the ridiculous.

Inappropriate and brilliant! My favourite combination.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been doing the systematic alcohol abuse for 9 days now, and now and getting sick.

Alcohol, it givith so much and yet it taketh away even more.

Tonight was going to be a tame dinner. Then the sake happened. I hope you had better luck with your soft drinks than I did.

12:33 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy was incredible on Jools' hootenanny! Amy Wino, ah. I saw her at a music festival a few years ago - during her Frank album promo, when she was relatively unknown. Unfortunately, I was mullered and threw up over the front-row fence when she came onstage.

Anyway, I love Amy, rehab or nay.

2:11 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I so have a thing for Mika too. I think it is his hips. I love the song too, it is one that is stuck in my head constantly but as oppose to normal I really do not mind, even going as far as to sing it when I get other annoying songs in my head that I do not like, anything by The Feeling for example.

Cheese and Charmed. Bliss!

Dancinfairy x

4:58 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

reminds me of the Frank Skinner putdown (may be apocryphal)

Frank Skinner is on stage and telling risque jokes. Cue woman from the audience:

'You're verging on the offensive'

Quick as a flash, Skinner replies:

'There's only one virgin on the offensive in here love'

6:21 pm

 
Blogger lady miss marquise said...

That was by far the funniest joke I have heard all day.

I just snickered and then started to giggle.

My colleagues think I'm mad.

Thank you ;o)
xx

8:41 pm

 
Blogger Miss Devylish said...

Oooh yay! I just heard the Amy Winehouse song today and had forgotten her name! I love it when random chance and fate give you the key to the world! Thank you, sugar!

Also abused myself so much I had to recoop yesterday - a work day no less and still just as icky even w/ the time off. I hope your recoop is better than mine! xoxo

8:53 pm

 
Blogger Clarissa said...

A wrinkled, red person ... like a prune, but red so more of an apricot but not orange, red. ;-)

9:44 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home