Friday, February 17, 2006

Fri-delicious!

Appetizer
If you were a color, which color would you be, and why?

Well. Firstly I'd spell colour with a 'u'.

I'd like to be red. The colour of passion and fire, etc. However, I think I would probably say I was blue. I am passionate, but I don't believe that passion is restricted to bright, quick-burning fire. I think I am slow to build up deep passion for something, but that when I do I am steadfastly passionate about it, and am very unwilling to relinquish that passion. See: music career. Also: Pret Super Club sandwiches.

On a side note, I think I have taken the astrological sign investigation too seriously. (See two posts ago)
I keep referring everything I do to the typically Taurean traits, and moulding my every action to what I perceive to be in alignment with my 'ultimate strength'. I find it somehow comforting.

It annoys other people, though, as I have begun to look up the essays about the star signs of my friends and colleagues and point out their traits to them.

For example with my friend Kate, the graphic desginer. I stand behind her desk watching her design stuff, as is her wont (and also her job), and nod knowingly with pursed lips, and then say things like "Hmmm. Ah yes. The capacity to simultaneously use both the right and left sides of the brain to accomplish a creation that is both aesthetically attractive and mathematically sound. Typical Libran."

I think I am being wise. Other people perhaps do not think this so much.

So when I say I think I am blue, I feel I am being honest and true to myself. I am not overly-whimsical, I am someone who makes serious and thought-through decisions and then sticks to them. I am someone who develops deep-seated passions and does not get distracted from them. This is how I choose to see myself and YOU CANNOT CHANGE IT because I am Taurus, and therefore descend directly from a bull and can cut you with my pointy horns. Or something.


Soup
When was the last time you went to the doctor, and what was your reason for going?

I had a chest infection which mutated into a sinus infection. I had to go to the doctor's twice in one week.

I have an inkling of a suspicion that I may have whined about it here, perhaps.

Salad
What do you collect?

I don't collect anything, really. I like pretty stuff, and if there was a magpie-based star sign I'm sure I would've been born under that. I like things that sparkle. I wear two great big diamond-looking (um... glass and tin) rings, one on each forefinger, and have diamond stud in my nose.

I used to collect elephant-based things (by which I mean little statuettes and pictures, as opposed to elephants'-feet wastepaper baskets and ivory trinkets) but I must have been distracted at some point. Perhaps by a diamond-effect bus or something.

Main Course
What were you like in high school? Name one thing you miss and one thing you don't miss about those days. (If you're still there, imagine how you'll remember it in the future.)

In school I was quite shy. I was in the popular group, but always the designated 'sweet one'. Someone to talk to and who was good at giving advice and listening patiently. I think my sense of humour comes a lot from my friends at school, who were over-achieving, bright and hilarious to be around. It was a girls' school and a very competitive one, particularly in the area of sport and academia. Academia I can do, sport not so much. I did like school, I had good friends and did well so I had no reason not to like it.

I think, though, that it was always a shame that there wasn't much in the areas of music and drama at my school. I had cello lessons outside of school, and played in an orchestra outside of school as well. I also did acting classes and exams outside. The only play I was involved in at school was a production of 'Annie', and that was only put on because there happened to be a red-headed American girl at the school that year, and the drama teacher wanted to be Daddy Warbucks. I had about three parts, all of which had one song and no lines. They cast the parts by lining up all the audtionees along the front of the school hall and walking up and down with the LP cover to see who looked the most like the characters in the film.

What idiots.

From school I miss learning stuff, although I didn't like having to learn the stuff I wasn't naturally good at.

I don't miss the bitchi-ness of going to an all girls' school, where the competition to look good (read: thin) and have the right clothes, get the right grades and be good at the right things was overwhelming.

Dessert
Pretend you're standing in front of your home, with your back towards your home. Describe the view - what can you see? Trees? Cars? A zoo? Wal-Mart

Houses. A smattering of trees. Mainly houses. A road, with lots of parked cars and the odd very smug-looking traffic warden.


Hurray for feasting!

Hurray for it being the weekend!

Hurray for being steadfast and tenacious and generally bull-like!

Hurray for me perhaps forgetting about this sudden obsession with star signs!

Have a great weekend, please. I order you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Woo hoo. Friday.

If you've ordered me to have a good weekend I guess I will just have to go and do that ;o)

2:37 pm

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh, silly me.

And I hope you have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious weekend too.

I forgot to say that and feel may be over compensating somewhat!!!

2:38 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does doing hard manual labor for two days straight qualify for a great weekend?

Have some fun for me!

4:03 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lé, Lé, Lé will you, will you, will you, come out with us tonight?

4:35 pm

 
Blogger Confusion Say said...

Maybe you should be purple then.

10:36 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home