Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday Flapjacks

The Friday's Feasts questions are getting steadily more strange. Today I want you to know that I looked at most of these questions and said "what?" out loud in incredulous tones, before attempting to answer them.

Appetizer
What is a word that you use that would not be considered common?

I am a pretentious, stuck-up sort of a person, so most of the time I evaluate the commonness of the person/people I am talking to and adopt a manner that is slightly posher than them, so that they can relate to me but essentially feel inferior. It's tough, but I usually get there. My favourite word of the moment is: defenestrate. Meaning to throw something/someone out of the window. I have yet to slip it in to everyday conversation.

Soup
What theme of calendar do you have on your wall this year?

I don't have a calendar. If I did it would either be a magical pony themed one, or a Charmed one.

Salad
Name 3 people you speak with by telephone a regular basis.

My parents, my little sister.

Main Course
If you could buy a new outfit for someone you know - who would it be and what would you purchase for them?

Scraping the bottom of the barrel with the questions, here. I honestly don't know. I can't think of anyone who really needs a good makeover because their dress sense is horrible. If they had horrible dress sense I wouldn't hang out with them anyway, obviously.

Maybe I would buy an outfit for one of my sisters, because they are both lovely but never can really afford to buy new clothes. Yes, we are a family of paupers. No investment bankers or footballers' wives here, I'm afraid.

Dessert

What is the last beverage you drank?

I am drinking water at the moment. Before that coffee. Before that a cup of tea, when I was drying my hair. Before that more water. Before that red wine. Before that beer. This morning has been a veritable feast of different beverages! Or perhaps some of it was last night.

(I have decided to add one of my own questions because I was so confused by all the others)

Digestif
What are you most looking forward to this weekend?

I am looking forward to seeing Sophie my Impish Sister (Little), as she's coming back this weekend from Paris. I am also looking forward to getting my cello fixed tomorrow morning.

So, Sophie is coming back to London this weekend. She's on the coach coming back at this very moment. I spoke to her and we had the following exchange:

Sophie: Tomas ate horse last night!
Me: Wow! Was he really hungry?

Then a bit later on:

Me: So, you're on the coach? Where are you?
Sophie: Um, about eight rows back on the left.

We amuse ourselves. Other people look on with disdain but we can just claim that the affliction is clearly genetic and we therefore should not be blamed.

I ended up watching the football yesterday, after all. In a lovely pub, all small and rickety. They passed around triangular sandwiches at half time, which was very nice of them. Tracy Emin was there and shared a chair with my friend.

This weekend will be very rehearsal-based. Which is annoying because it's going to be all sunny and balmy. Not barmy, even though when I say those two words they sound exactly the same. Once when Dan and I went up to Leamington Spa to visit we got drunk on the train and sat on the platform for about half an hour drinking more beer and saying "balmy" and then "barmy" over and over, and finding it absolutely rip-roaringly hilarious.

I have nothing much more to say, and in fact it could be argued that I had nothing to say in the first place and yet that didn't stop me rambling on aimlessly like a blind hillwalking enthusiast. I will stop now, though, and let you enjoy your Friday with no more of my ill-structured nonsense.

Have a wonderful weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

When I have a cold I always buy Kleenex Balsam tissues and then I tell anyone that listens that they are "Balmy" tissues, then follow it with "yeah, they are crazy!" then fall about laughing.

Cold medicine has a resonating effect on me it would seem!

12:55 pm

 
Blogger Curly said...

You make me laugh. Out loud. And I got caught laughing while I was in work.

Boss: Curly - work isn't supposed to be funny, now go and make the tea.

Curly: No problemo boss.

(it wasn't a very exciting conversation - sorry)

5:18 pm

 
Blogger Huw said...

Remember, a suitably magical pony calendar could adopt the form of a Charmed... Oh, forget it.

12:59 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Defenestrate has been one of my favourite words for years. I've never managed to use it in a genuine sentence. God knows I've tried.

Hell I've even tried slipping it in a work meeting, and boy is that hard, but no luck. If you manage, let me know. I will be totally impressed.

11:53 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home