Thursday, December 07, 2006

Terribly, Terribly Sick.

In between doing vocals I have taken to lying, curled up, on the floor of the studio, complete with scarf and gloves and a hood. My ears hurt, my throat feels like sandpaper and I feel all dizzy. I couldn't even really concentrate on today's episode of "Murder, She Wrote". Although it was quite a complex one, so that might not be the sickness, just the brilliance of JB Fletcher.

I think it might be The Black Death. Or scurvy. It has been put to me that it is a 'bad cold', but I am sure it is something much, much more serious. Gangrene, perhaps.

We did an open mic night in Brighton last night, which was fun although I felt like the inside of a used air sickness bag.

I have to go and curl up again now until I am called upon to sing through the pain once more.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where in Brighton exactly?

10:15 pm

 
Blogger Betty said...

I hope it is not bird flu, chick.

11:13 am

 
Blogger Léonie said...

Timbo - The Polar Bear Bar, I think it was called. It was on a road near some sea.

Betty - That is EXACTLY what it is. I have been feeling a bit peckish.

11:58 am

 
Blogger Curly said...

You'll feel better soon.

Gangrene can be cured by drinking hot milk & honey, I've heard.

2:45 pm

 
Blogger Astrid said...

Hint: Kiwi-fruit contains 35 vitamins.

1:34 am

 
Blogger Miss Devylish said...

Ooh.. I do hope you get better soon darlin! Rest rest rest! And extra vitamin C!

7:28 pm

 
Blogger Adam said...

Not the Black Death!

Hope you're back singing soon!

12:10 am

 
Blogger Gordon said...

I'm sure the final vocals will all the better... ridden with pain and suffering... er... if that's what you are going for? ;-)

4:32 pm

 
Blogger Atomic Ephemera said...

Have you considered dengue fever? That's always my favourite disease at this time of year.

6:23 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home