Thursday, December 22, 2005

Slip a sable under the tree, for me...

This is, as I might have mentioned, the first year I have spent the run-up to Christmas working in an office. I've been working in this office for long enough to have made real friends, to feel like people know me, and basically to get the in-jokes upon which every workplace is founded. Sometimes I even make the jokes, which, I know, is massively shocking.

This year I feel more Christmassy than I have for years. I think it's the sense of winding down, finishing up, or slowing, um, across. You know. Everyday we've had treats, be it wine, cakes, cheese, children. Some of those you eat, some you drink, some you just play with, and the best bit is that it is up to you to work out which is which! Imagine! It's been nice, though. People are friendly and warm-spirited, although I'm sure that the London version of 'friendly and warm-spirited' would, to people from anywhere else in the world, be 'tetchy, angry and borderline homicidal', it's nice for us. Someone made eye-contact with me on the tube yesterday. If that doesn't deck your halls with boughs of holly I don't know what will.

I am feeling the holiday glow, and I am seeing things in a really positive light. I would make some allusion to the lights of the Christmas tree casting a rosy glow upon my outlook, but there is no way I am prepared to be that clichéd, holiday or no holiday. I do think, however, that things are going to be better in 2006.

I am moving to a flat. My room in the flat is a big double room, and has an alcove-y bit, a walk in space through an archway that I am going to make into a Moulin Rouge-esque dressing room because I am showy and live for exaggerated displays of flamboyance. But then, hey, who doesn't?

I hope you're having happy holidays so far, and I hope that Santa doesn't leave you staring forlornly at a lump of coal on Christmas morning, as I'm sure he will me if I keep acting like a Lady Of The Night and fraternizing with hot men who give me Champagne and strawberries.

Paul - thanks for the gifts I will love them as soon as I start reading them.
Euan - thanks for putting music on my website! Look! Um, I mean, Listen! www.leoniehiggins.com.

Everyone else - thanks for your generous gifts and presents. Oh, and if you are the ONE person reading this who hasn't sent me anything, you may email me and I will tell you where to address the pony. Thanks.

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss Devylish said...

How much to send a pony thru airmail? I'm just curious.

I'm w/ you.. next year is going to be a good'n. I can feel it.

Merry Christmas to you girl.. congrats on the new place and have a safe and happy holiday!

4:35 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll guess- playing with the cheese.

oh, have a sweetie for xmas

>(#)<

9:44 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to take back the pony I got you. I looked at it in the mouth, and well, you know the rest.

At any rate, I'll be sure to make it up to you one way or another.

Happy Holidays, and have a bottle of wine for me.

12:48 am

 
Blogger Adam said...

Merry Christmas, sounds like you are having a great time! Hope it continues in to the new year! I listened to your music on your other website, you have a fantastic voice, I'm so jealous, I can't sing, even though I try!

11:33 am

 
Blogger Anon said...

Merry Christmas Leonie!

3:43 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home